Working with troubled assets, particularly within the framework of insolvency and restructuring is one of the key practice areas dealt with by EQUITY lawyers. We advise and represent clients in negotiations on restructuring loans and changing terms of security. We develop comprehensive strategies combining judicial and extra-judicial methods, conduct difficult negotiations on debt restructuring, in particular, in the process of supporting of insolvency proceedings.
Simultaneously, this practice is not limited to advising lenders, but also includes advising debtors as to restructuring their debts. In particular, we provide an effective protection of clients’s interests in the following areas:
- recovery of bad debts;
- restructuring of debt;
- insolvency proceedings, including the defense of creditors' rights in courts;
- development and implementation of a rehabilitation plan;
- development and implementation of a plan for moving an insolvent banks of the market;
- criminal proceedings relating to insolvency;
- judicial restructuring - beyond insolvency proceedings.
- EQUITY has been recognized by the authoritative international directory Chambers Europe 2016 in the area of Insolvency and Restructuring.
- EQUITY is the winner of "Legal Awards" in the category "Best Law Firm in 2016 in Insolvency."
- 4 disputes in the area of insolvency, which were supported by our lawyers, are in the TOP-50 largest litigations in Ukraine in 2015, according to the publication "Yurydychna Praktyka".